The museum of Fourvière is a private museum of sacred art. Created in 1960, its primary vocation was to introduce the public to the richness of the art and culture of Christianity.
Custodian of an important collection of historical and artistic objects, regularly presented in its exhibitions, the museum also has the Fourvière treasure gathering pieces of goldsmith’s work of the 19th and the 20th century. This treasure is made from donations made for the construction of the Basilica.
- religious silversmithing from the 18th to the 20th century
- liturgical textile of the 19th century, representative of the Lyon silk industry of that time
- background of drawings, wash, watercolors of goldsmith Armand-Calliat
- background of drawings and watercolors of the silk house Tassinari
- objects related to the construction of the Basilica (models, drawings, models …)
- objects relating to Lyon piety (ex-votos, medals, engravings …)
- set of Marian statues
The museum has led for 50 years an active policy of temporary exhibitions that allow to discover to a wide audience treasures of Christian heritage, French or foreign, old or contemporary.