Today Notre Dame de Fourvière has more than 350 volunteers working everyday to make the site live. All play an important role in opening the site 350 days a year and welcoming more than 2,5 million visitors. Many missions are offered according to each ones’ abilities or availability:
Reception of the visitors, guides in the basilica, archives, logistical and administrative help…
All services: tourist and cultural, liturgical, administrative and general … Are looking for volunteers.
Becoming a volunteer means joining a team of employees and volunteers unit, investing in cultural and spiritual highlights, taking part in adapted and rich courses, meeting pilgrims and tourists from all over the world.
Since 2016, the Fourvière foundation has been carrying out a major project of restoration and redevelopment of the site in order to welcome more and more visitors. Today, more than yesterday we need your support to live and participate together in this new project.
Join the big family of the Fourvière’ Friends. There is always an opportunity for any good will:
Help according to your tastes and skills
- Tourist and cultural services
- Sanctuary services
- General and administrative services
A personal development
- Adapted and enriching training
- Meetings with pilgrims and visitors from all over the world
- Fascinating cultural discoveries
A give-and-take relationship
- Invitation to different events (concerts, conferences)
- A participation according to your availabilities